Helma Dalton Dip OT NZROT
North Shore, Auckland
- Occupational Therapist, NZ Registered, Diploma of The British Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Over 25 years of experience in England, Holland and New Zealand, mainly in Pediatrics.
- Brain Gym /Educational Kinesiology Consultant
- Chartered Natural Therapies Practitioner
Additional training in:
- Reflex Integration
- Rhythmic Movements
- Touch for Health 1 and 2
Helma Dalton is a specialist in working with children and adolescents with learning, developmental and behavioral challenges. Conditions treated include: Developmental Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, ASD/Aspergers Syndrome. No diagnosis required. Sessions for adults can be arranged according to individual needs, with a focus on overcoming imbalances related to physical and/or emotional stress.
Helma works from her clinic: ‘Focus Therapy’ in Mairangi Bay on the North Shore. An initial 1 ½-2 hour assessment is followed by 1 hour sessions every fortnight or as required. Individual home based exercises are prescribed each session. Parents are supported to help them understand their child’s individual needs and how best to support them and advocate for them
Previously Helma worked for the Child Development Service, treating children in the Wilson Centre and schools all over the North Shore. She was a founder member of the Dore Achievement Centre in Auckland, working for 3 years as a Programme Specialist, treating children and adults with learning and developmental challenges.
Helma is passionate about her work and is able to use her considerable experience to provide quality treatment sessions that aim to help each person reach their full potential!
- Introduction to Brain Gym (1 day workshop)
- Brain Gym presentations as required